We can all remember a few times in our lives when certain situations or individuals caused us to react negatively. This reaction I lovingly call “poking the lion.” Although I am a fairly calm person, at times my patience is non-existent. In all fairness I am working on this little hiccup day by day hopefully to ultimately become zen’ed out. Until then I have discovered a few tried and true methods that have kept me from flipping over the table and screaming, “Say hello to my little friend!”
1. Chocolate in any form… My personal preference is a chocolate chip cookie. 1pc should do the trick no more than that! Disclaimer: Failure to eat more than 1pc of anything made with delicious chocolate will result in you having a big a@#. Unless, that is your goal, well then by all means eat up!
2. Ryan Gosling in V-neck cashmere sweater à la Crazy, Stupid, Love … The color really doesn’t matter as long as it’s a V-neck sweater and it’s Ryan Gosling who is wearing it! As for the visual ladies and gents (I don’t judge) … You’re welcome!
3. Clean as if your mother A.K.A Monk is coming to visit! When I have some expendable anger that with all my might, I am trying not to unleash on the intended target…I clean and scowl my whole house! It’s a great stress releaser and your home will thank you for it!
4. Dance as if you’re Jennifer Beals reprising your role in Flash dance! That’s right folks! Put on your favorite music whether it’s Rock, Reggae, Soca, Samba, Salsa, Irish Riverdance, Middle Eastern, Hip Hop etc. Whatever it is just rock out to it! You will shake the negative energy away and shed a few pounds all at once! Sounds like a win– win to me.
5. Breathe…Scream into a pillow. Release that entire ball of pent- up energy. Then pick up a book with some encouraging words. Preferably one on the subject of LETTING GO! I repeat LETTING GO not to be confused with GOING OFF! This is what we are trying to avoid. I have listed a few books that have helped me from releasing the KRACKEN on more than one occasion!
1. The Gospel According to Jesus by Paul Ferrini
2. How to Heal Toxic Thoughts by Sandra Ingerman
3. Divine Guidance by Doreen Virtue, Ph.D.
I hope you will find my little suggestions helpful. I know they have helped me in times when my emotions were about to get the best of me.
Please remember step away from the situation, breathe and release.
Ciao for now! 🙂